The Novel Experience Event has rules and expectations for both authors and attendees. These standards ensure everyone understands the event and what’s expected. If you are uncomfortable with the rules or don’t feel you can comply, please do not sign up for the event as acceptance of these rules will be part of the ticket buying process.
1. Failure to comply with any of the following rules will result in a complete forfeit of a spot in the signing and event, and there will be no refunds for any reason.
2. All Authors must be in by Thursday evening and registered. This will ensure that there is ample time for set up on Friday. In the event that a flight is delayed or cancelled please let a staff member know.
3. Signing table setup is Friday, from 9am to 4pm. Authors MUST be set up and ready for Saturday's signing on Friday by 3:45pm.
4. All authors must be in the room and ready for readers in the hour before the signing opening. Announcements will be made 15 minutes before the craziness starts.
5. There are no at-the-door registrations for authors.
6. Authors are allowed only one assistant at their table with them. Assistants MUST perform in an assistant’s capacity.
7. Authors MUST communicate with the convention director directly. This means we will NOT be working with authors assistants or support staff for the planning of the event or for information.
8. Each signing registration affords HALF of a table. Full tables may be available, depending on the event space, for extra cost.
9. All signing tables will be assigned. There will be no changing of tables.
10. All media/industry working the event (except publishing professionals; only to include publishers, editors, agents) must provide the con director release forms for their work and what they plan to be doing ONE MONTH prior to the event.
11. All media/industry that will be “Working” the event must sign an event agreement to work the event. This includes photographers, cover models (not working with a specific author) and graphic designers looking to find new clients.
PLEASE NOTE: There will be a waiver at the end of ticket purchases stating the above rules.
If you have questions or concerns regarding these policies please Stella Price.